9/19/2006

Stendal Day 2 and the work begins...

Day 2… please, let me go home…

Ok, honestly, who was the Previous Owner of our 1971 Ambassador who applied Silicon Sealer to the rear window??? Oh, you creepy little chicken hide somewhere out there… If I’ll ever find you you’ll eat the 2 hands full of sealer that I removed in 7 hours work today!!! Normally Silicon Sealer is a NO-NO on Aluminium Trailers, as it won´t seal and is really nasty stuff to remove… That it is not sealing on Aluminimum the PO discovered sometime ago as he resealed his 5mm near-to-perfect seal with a 3.5 cm (!) 5mm thick I’ll-put-as-much-Silicon-on-it-as-possible Seal.

Removing that stuff is no fun at all, but we want to have nice looking seals on the trailer, so I had to remove it before applying Sikaflex Sealer.

I hope I’ll do that tomorrow and that I can install the new clearance lights which I removed today as well. In the morning I started to remove the old bridle gasket from the windows.

That is hard, time consuming work too, but after tearing the old gasket off it is quite helpful to apply some POR-Strip. That Stuff is plain great and removes the old gasket-glue in a second… Ok! Minute or two, maybe three…

I think that is perfect work for my wife next weekend… (Hi Honey, just joking, you can sit in the sun and I’ll do it J !)

More news tomorrow evening…

PS: I know that the last Owner is a retired sheriff – You won’t have to eat the sealer, Sir! And I would never call you a creepy little chicken!! But I am pretty sure that this was not your work… I hope…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home