9/18/2006

Stendal Day 1

Hello out there,

I hope that I can give you and this blog a daily update for the next 10 to 14 days. I am at the Stendal Airport now and try to get some work done on our Airstream. The plan is to do all the new wiring, all new insulation and to get the interior skin and the front and endcab back in place. Also to replace all the windows and the main door gaskets, as well as the window positioners… That is a tough schedule and I am not shure if everything will work out, but I’ll try my very best!

I arrived in the early afternoon and wanted to start work right away, which didn´t work out as I had to watch the two Bundesluftwaffe C-160 Transall practicing take-offs and landing on the grassrunway… It’s always cool to see them take off and land on really short distances…

So after this short pre-work brake I took all the windows out to get them cleaned and prepared for the gasket replacement and replaced the doorlock with the new lock from Out-of-Doorsmart. That worked pretty easy and I could kick my self into my *ss for breaking the old lock when I tried to take it out… It is so plain simple! It’s sort of plug-and-play, so take a closer look to you keycylinder before you try what I tried and ruined the cylinder…

There is a small problem with the window gaskets that fit between the glass and the alu-frame. They are old, brittle and too short due to their age.
I have no clue what to do to solve that problem, but I hope that the people on AirtsreamForums.com know an answer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home